Monday, February 27, 2017

Swap-bot: A Day In My Life

Welcome: This is my Swap-bot project by name of:  
A Day In My Life

     Out of bed and still a little fuzzy in thought. It is nearly 10 am on a Sunday. I walk downstairs. 

     After getting cleaned up I walk over to the pantry. It is a small room in the back of the house that has many shelves for groceries, canned food and canning supplies. There is also a small upright freezer.


     The mouse police and my friend Midnight vaults herself to the top of a toolbox to say Good Morning (and to ask for food).

     After filling her dish, I advance to the kitchen. Feeling a need for energy, the coffee is the first of a brunch to be started. 

     
     I made toast. 4 slices from a loaf of delicious white bread made by Trappist monks with real butter applied. The small loaf tastes just like home made bread. A banana and a clementine orange rounds out a light brunch.

     I walk upstairs. It now is an early afternoon. After 1 pm, but this day holds no tight requirement for time management.

     Today is a day of advancing cold. The temperature slowly falls. I am sitting at my computer. My pen and pad is at the ready for note taking.


     I read alot. And from various sources. Books, magazines, newspapers, and content from the internet. The television in the room no longer holds my interest. I turn it off and turn on the radio tuning in WBFO FM from Buffalo, New York. 


    National Public Radio is on the air. The program is about cooking and herbs. I listen while pouring over my research. I am working on a specialized style of a roleplay project. This style of roleplay involves putting pen to paper and writing a letter to a friend. We will be using the genres of Steampunk and the Paranormal. 

     Time slips by. I look at my pocket watch. 5 pm. Evening is on the approach.

     I arise from my chair and descend the stairs. Tis time to make supper. 


     I go to the pantry and open the freezer. Found a bag of frozen veggies. I then turn to a shelf and grab some soup mix. Next stop: the kitchen. 

     Grabbing a large pot, I boil water. Then put in is a cheddar broccoli soup mix, the frozen veggies, a little extra cheese, and in 20 minutes we have a hearty meal. 

     After supper and cleaning up, I return upstairs. Time again to do my research. 

     Tis just after 7 pm. On the internet I go to my favorite social site to talk with friends at Imvu. A few of us go to a room made for the fans and participants of Steampunk. Some of us engage in roleplay. Some of us do not. 

     In the flesh and blood world, I arise from my chair and retrieve a bottle of Red Cat wine from the shelf. 


      I return to the internet. Reaching for my pad and pen I scribble a few notes for a later look see. New found websites. New explorations.

     The evening rolls on. Good friends, good wine, and soon it is 2 am. My body calls for rest and I don't want to, but soon I give in. So I bid thee Good night and Sweet dreams.

> Scrybe


The photos I took for this project came from my Tracfone cell phone. Not the best of quality but my usb computer cam has a short wire limiting its use. 

2 comments:

  1. What funto read about your day. Mine would be so boring people would fall asleep. Lol.

    Julia @ Mini Van Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this... what group are you in? Sounds like one I would like to join for blogging. You are definitely busier than I am. Cheers and happy blogging.

    Peanutsmommy7 with Swap-Bot (Blogger Swap for August)

    ReplyDelete