Monday, July 30, 2018

P.O. Woes

     Some of you, my readers, may remember the tv show: Green Acres. It was a sit-com that aired from 1965 to 1971. On the show was a country store by name of Drucker's. It was a store that sold everything. The Hooterville post office was also located inside Drucker's Store. 

     Forward to 2018 . . well we have Carlson's Country Store. The store is 98 years old. It sells a little of everything. The Turtlepoint post office is located inside the store also. 






     Open 2 hours a day. It is a room that measures 16' x 7'. Somewhere between here and where ever, my mail has been lost from time to time. I also had some damaged . This is the only post office in a 10 mile and more radius. There is a very high employee turnover. Those who do get hired here do not stay here long. No one wants to work for 2 hours a day and 6 days a week. I do very little business here. In wintertime this is my only option as my driving anywhere is severely limited. 

     If I send you something in the mail and you don't receive it, then please send me an email or text and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SuZi DJuly 31, 2018 at 8:50 PM
    This brought back childhood memories. We too had an all encompassing store with it's own post office in one corner. The post office is gone, consolidated with others, but the store remains. I thought they were a thing of the past. WW-Blog Swap, SuZignomeMoM

    ReplyDelete